Institute of Mindful Living and help bring compassionate change to the Influencers of the world.
The goal of the Institute of Mindful Living (IML) is to take "Meditation to the Nation" by creating a program of sustainable and scalable meditation that can be taught anywhere to anyone at anytime and especially in the corporate environment. IML will assist you in targeting, securing and maintaining places where you will teach Meditation to groups or individuals on a weekly or monthly basis allowing you to schedule your own practice and have a weekly income. Each Mindful Living Instructor (MLI) will be an Independent Contractor to IML and all fees will be collected by IML and dispersed to you saving you the hassle of dealing with contracts and collections. IML will collect a 20% fee of all contracts and will supply you with marketing materials and other support for your sustainable practice.
- Do what you LOVE and get paid for it!
- Set your schedule according to your clients
- Grow your business as big as you wish
A number of Fortune 500 companies, including Google, AOL, Apple and Aetna, Are YOU Ready?!
offer meditation and mindfulness classes for employees --
and the top executives of many major corporations say
that meditation has made them better leaders.
This is a Certification Course with the International Sound Therapy Association (ISTA)
The very first 4 Day Teachers Training will be held in Atlanta, GA (location TBD)
- October 13 - 7pm - 10pm
- October 14 - 10am - 7pm
- November 10 - 7pm - 10pm
- November 11 - 10am - 7pm
- on your own: 6 hours of home study
- on your own: 5 meditations led by you (1 recorded)
- minimum 2 years personal Meditation practice
- formal meditation practice with a teacher
- own a minimum of 3 Tibetan bowls and/or 2 Crystal bowls
- 300 word essay on your evolution of meditation
- practical exam
- agreement to code of ethics and standards of practice
Cost for this program: $350
(see below to register)
a few of the topics covered in Class ~
- Protocol of presentation
- Verbal and Non Verbal skills
- How to discuss meditation to beginners
- Postures for formal and informal practice
- Mindfulness in everyday environment
- Mindfulness for Conflict Resolution
- Mindfulness for Stress Reduction
- Mindfulness for Grief
- Mindfulness for Joyful Living
- The One Minute Meditation
- Building a dynamic Guided Imagery Meditation
- Secular Meditation for the corporate environment
- Overcoming performance anxiety
- Using Sound as Mindfulness
- Marketing and managing your Meditation business
about your teacher/trainer:
Meditation teacher Don Simmons has been a life long practitioner of meditation and Mindfulness and has been leading/teaching meditation for 15 years. As a former film producer in NYC and LA, he found meditation helped him stay calm in the heat of chaos. He has trained with Jon Kabat-Zinn, creator of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction from the University of Massachusetts and with Zen Master, Thich Nhat Hanh and was given the title: “Transmitting Journey of the Heart.” While living in Honolulu he was part of a team that brought Guided Imagery into Queens Medical Center as a form of pain reduction. As the President of the International Sound Therapy Association (ISTA) he has created and taught hundreds of people how to use Tibetan Bowls, Crystal Bowls and Gongs for healing and meditation. He begain the first Sound Ministry Program, an outreach program for churches and GB2, (Gongs, Bells & Bowls) a performance group that performs for organizations and events in Atlanta. He is the Founder of Institute of Mindful Living, teaching techniques for a Mindful Life and the Director of Visionary Business Consultants bringing an innovative approach to business and business executives.
JOIN THE MINDFUL REVOLUTION ...
and be the change you want to see in the world!